- Configure and apply BIOS settings.
- Differentiate between motherboard components, their purposes, and properties.
- Compare and contrast RAM types and features.
- Install and configure expansion cards.
- Install and configure storage devices and use appropriate media.
- Various CPU types and features.
- Compare and contrast various connection interfaces and explain their purpose.
- Install an appropriate power supply based on a given scenario.
- Custom configuration, to meet customer specifications or needs.
- Given a scenario, evaluate types and features of display devices.
- Identify connector types and associated cables.
- Install and configure various peripheral devices.
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- Compare and contrast the components within the display of a laptop.
- Compare and contrast laptop features.
- Explain the differences between the various printer types and summarize the associated imaging process.
- Given a scenario, install, and configure printers.
- Given a scenario, perform printer maintenance.
- Compare and contrast the features and requirements of various Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Given a scenario, install, and configure the operating system using the most appropriate method.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate command line tools.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate operating system features and tools.
- Given a scenario, use Control Panel utilities (the items are organized by "classic view/large icons" in Windows).
- Setup and configure Windows networking on a client/desktop.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures using appropriate tools.
- Explain the differences among basic OS security settings.
- The basics of client-side virtualization.
- Explain the basic features of mobile operating systems.
- Establish basic network connectivity and configure email.